Sunday, June 3, 2012

Granola

So, I made granola this weekend, and kinda played around with ingredients from two different recipes.  Combining the two, this is what I used and I love it!  Using the apple sauce makes me feel a little bit healthier, and it seems to be a softer flavor without being so plain tasting.

5c Oats
1 c Wheat germ
1 1/2 c chopped nuts
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c apple sauce
2 Tbsp oil
1/4 c honey

Add all ingredients in to crock pot and mix well.  cover and Cook on low for 4hrs.  Place a toothpick under the lid to let it vent.
Tips:
*I like to add white chips and dried cranberries while cooking to add more sweets
*If you like it chewy don't cook it as long, if you want it crunchy cook longer
*I spray my crock pot to just to make sure it doesn't stick to edges. 
*I sometimes add extra honey to give it more clumps

No comments:

Post a Comment