Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Three Weeks Old

Can you see his hickie?
 Brady is now 3 weeks!  He is growing so fast!  He has lost his new born chubby cheeks already, which I am sad about, and is starting to look older.  I love to see all of his goofy faces when is is angry, or dreaming.  It makes me wonder all the time what his imagination is going through.  Brady is doing pretty good with sleeping during the night, he goes 3-5 hrs between feedings; the hardest thing is he makes SO much noise!  One night he just growled for 2 hrs straight!  He knows weather he wants his pacifier or just to suck on his hand/arm.  Brady gave himself his first hickie yesterday.  I was playing with him after his nap and noticed this big purple streak.  I knew he did it himself because there was another day where he was sucking away at his arm pretty good, and I took his arm out of his mouth because I didn't want him to get one, he had a HUGE red spot.  This time, he successfully gave himself a full one that is still showing a day later. 

Brady and I have been enjoying many visits from friends and family.  We were able to go for a walk with my friend and her son.  During the day I have a really hard time getting him to sleep by himself during naps.  I LOVES to fall asleep on my chest, which makes it really difficult to get things done, but he is just too cute I can't get mad.  Lately he is up for about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs after feeding so he only sleeps for 45-60min before next feeding which is when I take a nap with him because I can't get anything else done.  Some of my favorite faces he makes are really hard to get pictures of.  He likes to lay on my chest, fold his arms, then arch his head and back up to just look at me with a "I am deep in thought" look on his face.  Then, whenever I burp him, he looks at me like "mom, are you serious.  this is SO annoying" and as soon as he gives me a loud burp, he flings himself back to eat some more.  I am so bummed that I can't get pictures of these cute faces. 

I LOVE being a mom to this little boy!  I am so grateful for the opportunity!  I am especially grateful that Will will be in town next week and Brady and I will be able to move back to NE with him to be a complete family again!  Yay!
I tried so hard to get his "thinking" pose of his face on his arms, but he was just too tired

No comments:

Post a Comment