Thursday, July 11, 2013

4th of July

Chillin on the flight
Love my Dad

Every year Will's family goes to Oceanside, CA and get condos on the beach for the 4th.  I have to say, this vacation goes on the top 5 list.  The trip started off a little shaky... we got to the airport to check-in and handed them Brady's birth certificate... opps (not telling who) but one of us brought our Honda title registration instead of the certificate... I am sure the southwest guy took pity on us looking at the sure fear/astonishment in our eyes and let us go ahead and get on.  (we just had to have a copy e-mailed to us and printed off to fly back to Omaha).  Then, getting to our gate thinking our flight left at 7:50 am, I went to go fill up water bottles, and we unloaded stuff to let Brady play around thinking we had time.  With in 2min coming back from getting water, they were already starting to line up... our flight took off at 7:20!  Opps!  We made it!  This first flight was awesome!  The Flight attendants were great!  The made Brady a "My first flight" certificate.  It was so cute!  We had a layover in Denver only long enough to get a diaper change then back on the plane to Cali.  On all the flights to and from Omaha I think went really well, at least we didn't hear anyone complaining about Brady :)

Brady LOVES his grandpa
The beach was great!  It was only sunny about half the time; have no fear I managed to get burnt to a crisp on my last day and I think I might of woken up with heat stroke in the middle of the night feeding and had to go take an ice cold shower... brrr!  The ocean wasn't as cold as I remember and I even tried boogie boarding for my first time, and even caught one wave!  Brady enjoyed being held most of the time at the beach and taking naps in our arms.  I think Grandpa was his favorite, but he defiantly loves it when his cousins talk to him too.  He even manged to learn to roll over from his back to tummy in the middle of the night and has been doing that every night since.  (To bad he forgets how to roll back so we have to flip him back over if we want to get any sleep).  Will had a blast boogie boarding with his nephews and hanging out with his family.  We played many games of "Saboteur" to have us all doubting each other about who to trust was telling the truth. 


Brady can only fall asleep with something over his face... I am pretty sure everyone things we are smothering our kid
 After a week at the beach, we were all bummed to face reality and head home.  The first day home Brady was really mellow and would try to recline all day, we definitely think he was missing the beach.  He LOVES being outdoors, but doesn't care for the heat as much.  Beach + 75degrees = good times for Brady.

No comments:

Post a Comment