Monday, August 12, 2013

Wood Floors

our new restored kitchen floor!

Right: Sanded kitchen Left: the warn out brown kitchen and not so warn yellow kitchen
Pre/post sanded living room floor

This is what the bedroom and living room floors look like finished. 
I can't wait to add the new baseboards!

Last Thursday Will took off work, and we sanded all of our upstairs wood floors except the dinning room.  It only took us 6 1/2 hrs with both sanders running almost the whole time.  We are so grateful for my mom watching Brady so we could spend all day working on it.  On Saturday Will started early and was able to finish 3 coats of Polyurethane.  We didn't want to stain it, and LOVE all the different colors in the wood that have shown up.  We both thought the kitchen floor was hideous, and I was tempted to top it with tile or something else; it has become our FAVORITE after sanding and coating it!  I am so excited to paint the kitchen cabinets white and have a nice shining NEW kitchen of my own to cook in again!  Hopfully withing 2 weeks we will be living in our new place.   My mom and I have been going over 3-4 times a week during the morning to work on it, while Will goes after work and in the evenings.  It will be much easier to work on it without having to drive over each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment