Saturday, July 26, 2014

Kent Tryon Family Reunion 2014

We just got back from a family reunion with my siblings in Panora Iowa.  For being in the middle of Iowa, it was a BLAST!  (Probably because of the company).  It was the first time in 6 years that all of us siblings have been together.  We for 3 out of the 6 days we had everyone one the family there except one brother in law (I think that's pretty good for living in 2 states!)
Here are some of the highlights:

Wednesday:  boys went shooting, and we drove up to Panora
Thursday:  Everyone except me and my boys went on a  1 1/2 hr train ride.  Brady, Tanner and I chilled and enjoyed the quite and watched a movie.  We were so GLAD When everyone else got back! Will drove up after work.

I usually don't let Brady have his blanket and pacifier after nap time, but it had been a LONG day.  He loved just singing to himself walking around with the blanket on his head...weird kid.

Friday:  The older "adults" without kids went to test out the Middle Raccoon river for 2 miles of Canoeing.  The others went to the beach.  Will and Brady had fun skipping rocks while Tanner and I liked watching everyone.  Lots of games in the evening. We hit the "water park" in the afternoon.  It was FREEZING so we didn't last long.  Brady was shivering the whole time but didn't want out for about 20min.  Will and Tanner enjoyed the non-cold water on the bench.  I went for a bike ride with my cousin around the neighborhood.  It was so pretty and really fun cruzing down the hills, not so much going up them.  2 hours later went for a ride with my dad.  Not as fun...Dad has been biking to the bus stop for work for x number of years, up and down Nebraska hills, and he rides FAST! So after jello legs from no workouts for the past 6 months and biking hills, and biking again 2 hours later, Man was I S...L...O...W...  but it was still fun, but very painful.





Saturday:  The kids went on the 2 mile canoe trip in the morning.  We went with Camilla and Dan to a "Historic Village"  It was closed so we had fun walking around the outside.  We hit the "water park" again.  Weather was warmer and Brady started to warm up to the kids waterfalls and fountains, letting go of Wills hand off and on.  I was able to test out the water slides which were AWESOME!



Love my boys!





Sunday:  Most went to church.  Tanner and I chilled and took a nap. Family pictures (don't have any yet)  Lots more GAMES!  Will went home :(



Monday: I was able to go on a canoe trip along with others who wanted to go again.  This time we did a 3mi route which was more of the "Tryon" route.  We were able to lift our canoes over a dam of fallen logs and wade through chest deep water and quick sand.  It was actually pretty and the weather was perfect! Went to the water park again.  It was warm weather and the water was perfect!  Brady LOVED playing in everything and didn't want to hold on to me at all!




Tuesday: Went on a short hike around a lake.  I hung back with feeding Tanner while the others walked around about 30-45 min.  It was gorgeous!  Started packing up stuff in the afternoon and played outside.



Wednesday:  Drove home.

Thursday: some family was still in town so we went to the new playground by my sisters house.  I LOVED it!  Oh, and Brady did too :)



No comments:

Post a Comment