Monday, August 27, 2012

Baby Merrill coming Feb. 2013/San Diego



When I take a prego photo I'll post it.  I am 14wks, and kinda embarrassed to say all the weight I have gained makes me look fat... not pregnant.  I can't wait till I actually look prego and not just fat.  Maybe by 16wks...

San Diego!
chillin' like interns
This past weekend Will and I went to San Diego to visit his dad.  His dad works there mon-thurs then flies home, so we asked him to stay the weekend and we were able to stay with him.  We had a BLAST!  We got there late Thurs night.  Fri morning we went around as "interns" touring the multiple job sites Dad works on.  All of the sights were different boarder patrol facilities such as training shooting range, prison, offices, ect. and his job is to make sure everything building wise is safe and getting done.  It was so cool to see it all!  Fri. lunch we went to Phil's BBQ, which was SO GOOD!!! Much better then Rudy's I have to say, more food for a better price :)  Fri. afternoon we explored a dog beach, and was there for a bit.
Boarder fence leading into the ocean












Beach Break:  ABC burrito and
Banana Crunch French Toast

Sat. morning we woke up and drove to Ocean Side.  This is where his family goes each 4th of July for vacation.  We ate breakfast at this amazing place called Beach Break.  YUM!  Banana Crunch French toast is one of his families favorite, and I have to agree with them.  We stayed at that beach and played in the water... then it got really cold and the clouds started misting on us, so we drove back to San Diego.  Within an hour of getting back to the hotel, it was sunny.  so, we packed up and headed back to the "Dog Beach".  Now, I know we don't have a dog, but it was so funny people/dog watching.  I defiantly have to say, dogs really do match their owners.  Also, just an FYI, don't open up jerky at the beach, before we even had a bit in our mouth, our blanket was swarming with HUGE WET DOGS!!! Gross!!!  The whole next 2 hrs we were there, the same dogs would come over and sniff our blanket saying "I know you have something in there..."  After the beach Will and I went for a refreshing jog... I even ran up a hill!  It was GREAT!  Oh how I miss running those Nebraska hills.  Don't worry, I only ran about 1 1/2 miles, and it took me forever!









Sat. morning we went to sacrament meeting then headed home.  About an hour outside Yuma we stopped at a Rest stop, cuz you know us prego people, we got to go pee A LOT!  Anyway, I walk out of the bathroom and Will asks "Did you fee it?"  Feel what?  "The Earthquake".  Apparently Will got a little "tipsy" using the bathroom and come to find out, 2 miles from where we were staying there was a 5.5 earthquake!  The worst thing was, I didn't even realize it.  lol.  I remember slightly losing my balance walking over to the bathroom (the girls was way far away), but I just thought it was cuz I was Prego and sat in a car for too long.  After surviving the "terrible" quake, we safely made it home to our comfy beds in AZ.  Wishing we didn't have to go back to work.  Needless to say, We will defiantly be visiting Cali again!

5 comments:

  1. So jealous! Maybe someday we can all make it to Oceanside together at the same time. I love the banana crunch french toast! And so happy for you. Hope you're feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation! We are due the exact same week. Does that make it a race...? In the meantime feel free to share pregnancy woes and joys with someone in the same boat. I kind of feel like a boat too right now. Keep waiting to actually look pregnant and not just fat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! The Race is on! Which hospital will you be at? I will be at Banner Gateway. Maybe we could plan for the same day so we could have twins! :) Pregnancy is really funny. I forget the most random stuff, like making dinner. I was making chicken stuffing casserole... eating it and it tasted kinda weird but I couldn't figure out what. The next morning, I realized I forgot to put the chicken in!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I love visiting southern CA. Your husband's dad sounds/looks like he has a really interesting job out there. Crazy you didnt know that you were feeling an earthquake. Growing up in CA I remember going thru a couple..scary but interesting. Glad you guys were ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun Charisse! That french toast sounds soooooo good! I can't wait to see your cute tummy and find out what you guys are having!

    ReplyDelete