Sunday, December 2, 2012

28 Weeks and still kicking

Entering the 3rd Trimester...  I am kinda excited, but it still hasn't quite hit me yet that I am going to be a mom in 3 months even though my belly is getting bigger by the day, and the scale is about to break.  Co-workers are getting excited and calling me "Mommy", "Little Mom" or "How are you guys...".  It's been busy with the holidays, so I am guessing after Christmas it will seem more real how soon we are to being parents.

Thanksgiving was pretty good, I worked for more then I thought I would so Will and I had dinner with his Dad.  We "Goosock" -ed a roast.  Goosock is something Wills Dad grew up on, so his Grandpa made up the recipe and would cook it with the cowboys  and is AMAZNIG!  We usually have it with turkey, but since we decided the day before Thanksgiving we would spend it with his Dad, we used a Roast and it was almost better then the turkey!  I realized how grateful I am to have a husband to support me.  Even though I wasn't able to get off in time to spend Thanksgiving with my family, I am glad I have great in-laws who are always welcoming and willing to play games.  There are multiple other things I am grateful for, but I won't list them all..."

We set up for Christmas today!  I am really excited for Christmas this year.  I don't know whether it's because we have all our shopping finished all ready, because I have the day or, or because after Christmas it's that much closer to a new baby;  I am pretty sure though it's because my parents will be in town for Christmas!  I only have Christmas day off but it will be so nice!

So, each year, I have tried to make an ornament for our Christmas tree to represent something we did that year.  I have a total of 4 and I am excited to see the collection grow as the years go by.  I have always been someone who liked the "natural" ornaments versus having the tree look perfect and match.  These are the ones I have done so far and the stories behind them...

 2009 The day after Thanksgiving, Will took me out shooting with his family.  This was before we were an "official" couple.  (He was probably testing to see how good of a shot I had to see if I could even be on his list of prospects).  He hung up ornaments because they are fun to shoot and see break, except, he accidentally bought the plastic ones.  I ended up taking this one home with me because I was so shocked that I was actually able to hit a target!  Needless to say, it was a nice keepsake to add to the tree after we got married.


2010  We got married for time and all eternity!  Just under the bow, if you can see it, is a ring.  We went to take my ring in to be sized and it was killing me to not have something on, so we ended up buying a cheap fake one.  I was glad we did because they forgot to take the ring out to be sized and we ended up having to wait for 2 weeks!


 2011  This represents the year we became home owners!  This "house" is actually a card Will made and gave me for Christmas the year we were dating... I never know what to do with cards, and this one had more sentimental to it because he spent the time to "craft" something, I LOVE it!  So even though I got it in 2009, I thought it fit perfect for our 2011 home owners year.



2012  Will came up with the idea this year, to make a wood block and put pictures on of all that we have done... which wasn't really much, so I put where we traveled.  You can't see all the sides but there is 1.  Horton Springs-our first backpacking trip together. 2. Albuquerque, NM- where we went for him to have a 4 day vacation while I took a continuing ed course.  3.  San Diego- we visited his dad.  4. Jerome- we went with Camilla and Dan.  5.  2nd year anniversary picture  6.  Favorite picture of me for the year with "Merrills" 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment